some updates and links for your benefit
Sorry to bombard you with emails, but things are changing so fast with respect to this COVID virus, and we are just trying to keep up as best we can, and keep you informed.
Here are some helpful links for assistance, EI information, Ontario Works Emergency Assistance, etc.
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/ei-regular-benefit/apply.html>/Canadian Emergency Response Benefit
There are two ways to apply for Ontario Works Emergency Assistance:
Option 1 - Phone: 519.837.2670 (press’1’) or Toll Free 1.800.265.7294 or TTY 1.800.855.0511
Option 2 - Online at: http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/mcss/programs/social/apply_online.aspx - this regular Social Assistance application can be used until the province launches a dedicated EA application, which is expected shortly.
We now have a questionnaire that will be put in a reply email to you, should you email for work to be done in your unit by staff or contractors. This has been approved by the Board. Below are the questions that will be asked and we ask that you complete the questions in the email and send it back via email, before we can do any work in your units.
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) screening checklist
All staff, contractors and maintenance personnel are required to complete a screening questionnaire with every tenant by phone or at tenant's door prior to entering.
Tenant name(s): Unit #:
1. Does anyone in your household have a new / worsening cough or difficulty breathing?
2. Are you feeling feverish, or have you had shakes or chills in the last 24 hours?
3. Has anyone in your household traveled internationally within the last 14 days (outside of Ontario)?
4. Has anyone in your household or any of your guests been in close contact with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case in the last 14 days?
5. Has anyone in your household had close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has been outside Ontario in the last 14 days?
Thanks everyone, contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need anything.